Our Young Cricketers in Action
Our wonderful in2Cricketers are enjoying another fantastic summer of fun in 2014/15. The in2Cricket season restarts on Saturday - on February 28.
When we come back we want to see even more children playing. So encourage family and friends to come along on January 31. Please see below on how to register.
Last season almost 120 children enjoyed cricket with Gordon Juniors every Saturday morning. As well as having heaps of fun, the children were developing their cricket skills.
in2Cricket is ideal for children aged 5 to 8 although we do take children younger and older.
My thanks to all the boys and girl for making it a really great season of Milo in2Cricket at Beauchamp Park in Chatswood. I'd especially like to thank all the wonderful parents for getting involved on Saturdays. Being a part of your child's early cricket experience makes it more enjoyable.
Each week the players and parents turned up with big smiles for a morning of fun while learning the skills of cricket. These are skills vital to building the confidence of the boys and girls as they advance into Under 9s and beyond.
One season highlight was the successful Bring Your Sister Day where girls came along to experience the cricket fun.
Another highlight was Pink Stumps Day raising money for the McGrath Foundation.
Enrolment for 2014/15
You can enrol now for the 2014/15 Milo in2Cricket season with the Gordon District Junior Cricket Club to help develop your child's love of the great game. You can enrol by clicking on the Milo in2Cricket tab at the top of the Home page or by clicking HERE. Do not fill out a Junior Registration form if you want to register for Milo In2Cricket next season. In the meantime, please read the information below and I look forward to seeing you next Saturday.
FAQs and other important things
- Beauchamp Oval, Nicholson Street, Chatswood
- Next session is February 28, 2015.
- Is limited so please factor this into travel times etc.
- 7:45 for an 8am start.
- Ends 9.30am.
What if my child does not have their Gordon Shirt and Shorts?
- Be at the pavilion at Beauchamp at 7:30 and I will help you.
Do we need to bring cricket gear? Bats, balls etc?
- No. All gear is provided.
What to bring?
- Each child must have a hat. (Special hats and other goodies to come.)
- Water Bottle
- Wearing sunscreen
Do parents need to stay?
- It is preferred if parents can join in the fun.
How will I place children into the groups/teams?
- The groups are picked on age and I do my best to put friends with friends (as requested on registration form). This is not always possible due to group size and some friends not yet registered. There are no good, bad or whatever teams. They’re all fun teams.
- In2cricket is not only about playing the game, but being able to expand our children's social skills. Please stay with the groups listed for the first week. PLEASE - do not email or call re changing teams.
How many teams?
- This depends on numbers but going on last season we expect at least 12 teams. All will be named after current NSW cricketers. I will endeavour to keep the teams even but with late registrations the numbers vary from team to team. I have also kept the younger kids' teams smaller so they can have a bit more supervision.
See you next Saturday.
Gordon Cricket Club In2Cricket Coordinator